Home » State Divisions » Victoria » History

History

 

On 24th April 1946, a meeting was held for the purpose of considering the extension of GAA-sponsored gemmological instruction into the state of Victoria. From there, the newly formed branch began to grow, diligently guided by enthusiastic, dedicated gemmologists.

In the early 1950s the branch, together with the Retail Jewellers Association of Victoria and the Horological Guild of Victoria, united to purchase premises in Richmond. This was the home of the GAA until 1998 when much larger, centrally situated premises were purchased in Spencer Street. Now the Division looks forward, well prepared to teach gemmology to many future gemmologists and other associated industries.