SUPPOrTInG the gaa
The GAA is a not for profit organisation run by members and volunteers. It is recognised as such by the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission. You can support the GAA in a number of different ways by getting in touch with our Federal committee or any State Division.
The best part of giving to the GAA is meeting the other great people who do the same. Its a wonderful opportunity to network with like-minded people and to discover new contacts for your business or personal interest. Around the country there are wonderful social aspects that will keep you busy and enjoying all that there is to enjoy with gemmology.
Ways you can help are as follows
- Donations. We are very happy to accept cash! Some State Divisions have building funds where donations are tax deductible.
- Scholarships or bequests.
- Becoming a member.
- Doing our courses.
- Donating gem materials and working instruments you no longer need.
- Volunteering to teach, help with administration or take tours and excursions.
- Join the committee.
- Help us with social media, participating in producing the Australian Gemmologist.
- Write articles for a local newsletter or submit a manuscript for the Australian Gemmologist.
- Offer your skills and services – we run lots of events, functions and need help in lots of areas.
Details of the GAA as registered with the ACNC can be found here https://www.acnc.gov.au/charity/c48766ce09d53957433bb0128199b9al