Conveniently located on Ipswich Road at Annerley with plenty of on street parking available. Our premises recently expanded to accommodate ten students due to increased demand. Multiple local eateries (sushi, Subway, bakery, coffee shops, Woolworths) all in easy walking distance.
The Queensland Division continues to impart gemmological knowledge to people from all walks of life and keeps members abreast of current events in the gem and jewellery industries.
COURSE DATES, FEES & ENROLMENTS
Courses are provided by Gem-Ed Australia and individual State Divisions. Click here to view the course dates and fees for Queensland.
ALTERNATIVELY, CHOOSE YOUR PREFERRED DIVISION
QUEENSLAND DIVISION FACILITIES
- Ten seat classroom
- Each desk has a microscope, refractometer, polariscope and multiple light sources. Avoiding the need for sharing.
- Additional instruments – multiple UV light sources, specific gravity scales, ‘spot’ light sources for visual optics and prism spectroscopes available for student use within the classroom.
- Extensive reference and lending library.
- Separate lunch room and kitchen facilities (microwave, kettle, refrigerator, sink)
ALTERNATIVELY, CHOOSE YOUR PREFERRED DIVISION
- Steve Dobos Queensland Education Support Officer, President Close
- Michelle Selwood Administration Officer Close
- Ryan Mathews Treasurer Close
- Kathy King Secretary Close
- Sally Lyon Librarian, Promotions & Marketing Close
Profile.Steve Dobos Queensland Education Support Officer, President
Co-ordinates delivery of all subjects as set out in the GAA Course Charter, including scheduling of classes, teaching and support staff. First point of contact for Teachers and Students. As President, Steve Oversees running of Queensland Division, heading up the Committee.
Profile.Michelle Selwood Administration Officer
Ensures all records, paperwork, accounts and other administration tasks are completed, recorded and reported in an appropriate and timely manner under the direction of the President and Committee.
Profile.Ryan Mathews Treasurer
Oversees and ensures that all financial obligations and transactions including Financial statements, audits, cash flow forecasts, etc are completed on time and within the confines of the GAA guidelines and relevant Government regulations.
Profile.Kathy King Secretary
Oversees and ensures due process and reporting is adhered to within the confines of the GAA guidelines and relevant Government regulations.
Profile.Sally Lyon Librarian, Promotions & Marketing
Ensure Library resources are kept relevant and up to date and available for use by teachers and students. Keep relevant Queensland components of the GAA website up to date and promote the GAA courses as and where appropriate, either via electronic communication or attendance at Gem Shows and other similar activities.
Latest News & EVENTS
- VALE Andrew H. Cody 20 September, 2022
- New Honorary Life Members 29 June, 2022
- W. H. Hicks Prize 2019-2020 06 June, 2021
- 2021 GAA Federal Conference 20 May, 2021
- Facebook GAA Members Forum 30 July, 2020
- COVID-19 Update 05 June, 2020
- Happy National Volunteers Week 20 May, 2020
- Fossicking Areas in Queensland Reopen 15 May, 2020
- CANCELLED: 2020 GAA Federal Conference 22 March, 2020
courses offered by Queensland
Introduction to Pearls & Pearl Stringing
This informative course will cover the theory, history and identification of pearls.Learn More
Introduction to Opal
Fascinated with opal? Then you will enjoy our short course which introduces you to this wonderful gem.Learn More
Advanced Practical Diamond Grading
Take your diamond grading to the next level and learn how to grade fancy shapes and colours and screen for synthetics.Learn More
Gemmology Update and Synthetics
Extended study for qualified gemmologists, touching on most aspects of synthetic and treated gemstones.Learn More
Diamond Technology Theory
Learn the fascinating process of diamond formation through recovery and final use in jewellery or industry.Learn More
Practical Diamond Grading
Learn weight estimation and visual estimation of the 4 C’s as well as other features of practical diamond grading.Learn More
Introduction to Gems and Gemmology
Overview of natural gemstones, colour, original localities, hardness.Learn More
Diploma in Diamond Technology
An intensive course that focuses on all aspects of diamonds including practical and theoretical components.Learn More
Diploma in Gemmology
A part-time two year (equivalent) diploma course comprising of scientific study in order to identify faceted and rough gem material (gemstones).Learn More