Conveniently located on Ipswich Road at Annerley with plenty of on street parking available. Our premises recently expanded to accommodate ten students due to increased demand. Multiple local eateries (sushi, Subway, bakery, coffee shops, Woolworths) all in easy walking distance.
The Queensland Division continues to impart gemmological knowledge to people from all walks of life and keeps members abreast of current events in the gem and jewellery industries.
COURSE DATES, FEES & ENROLMENTS
Courses are provided by Gem-Ed Australia and individual State Divisions. Click here to view the course dates and fees for Queensland.
QUEENSLAND DIVISION FACILITIES
- Ten seat classroom
- Each desk has a microscope, refractometer, polariscope and multiple light sources. Avoiding the need for sharing.
- Additional instruments – multiple UV light sources, specific gravity scales, ‘spot’ light sources for visual optics and prism spectroscopes available for student use within the classroom.
- Extensive reference and lending library.
- Separate lunch room and kitchen facilities (microwave, kettle, refrigerator, sink)
- Steve Dobos Queensland Education Support Officer, President Close
- Michelle Selwood Administration Officer Close
- Ryan Mathews Treasurer Close
- Kathy King Secretary Close
- Sally Lyon Librarian, Promotions & Marketing Close
Profile.Steve Dobos Queensland Education Support Officer, President
Co-ordinates delivery of all subjects as set out in the GAA Course Charter, including scheduling of classes, teaching and support staff. First point of contact for Teachers and Students. As President, Steve Oversees running of Queensland Division, heading up the Committee.
Profile.Michelle Selwood Administration Officer
Ensures all records, paperwork, accounts and other administration tasks are completed, recorded and reported in an appropriate and timely manner under the direction of the President and Committee.
Profile.Ryan Mathews Treasurer
Oversees and ensures that all financial obligations and transactions including Financial statements, audits, cash flow forecasts, etc are completed on time and within the confines of the GAA guidelines and relevant Government regulations.
Profile.Kathy King Secretary
Oversees and ensures due process and reporting is adhered to within the confines of the GAA guidelines and relevant Government regulations.
Profile.Sally Lyon Librarian, Promotions & Marketing
Ensure Library resources are kept relevant and up to date and available for use by teachers and students. Keep relevant Queensland components of the GAA website up to date and promote the GAA courses as and where appropriate, either via electronic communication or attendance at Gem Shows and other similar activities.