Introduction to Ornamentals & Organic Gemstones
This one day course covers what is an ornamental and organic gem material and what is so special about them. How they are used now and in the past. Includes pearls and cameos.
View all Courses
- Includes lecture in the morning and hands-on in the afternoon
- Covers many differing gem materials and the instruments used to identify them
- Covers the difference between natural and synthetic and imitation and treated ornamental and organic gems
- Discusses different care for and maintenance of these gem materials
- Discusses why a species of gem may come in many different colours.
ESSENTIAL STUDY FOR
- Retail jewellers
- Wholesale jewellers and gem dealers
- Hobbyists with an interest to learn about diamonds
- TAFE/university students studying jewellery making or geology
- Potential jewellery valuers
- Antique dealers
- Auction house personnel